On 10 Aug 1358 Piers Grandison 2nd Baron Grandison -1358 died at Ashperton, Ledbury. Lady Chapel, Hereford Cathedral. Mid 14th-century, altar-tomb with effigy and canopy , altar-tomb with range of cinquefoil-headed panels in front and panelled buttresses at ends carried up to the cornice of the canopy, effigy in mixed mail and plate-armour with camail and ridged bascinet, hauberk with scalloped lower edge, cyclas, enriched Hip Belt with dagger hanging in front and sword at side, head on cushions and feet on hound; recess with panelled back, moulded jambs and square head enriched with Paterae and trefoiled and sub-cusped pendant tracery below the head; vaulted soffit to canopy; canopy with range of six bays of open arcading with trefoiled and sub-cusped heads, crockets and finials, in arcading two headless figures of the Coronation of the Virgin, headless figure with book, archbishop with cross-staff, St. John the Baptist holding a roundel with the Agnus Dei, and a bishop, last four figures brought from elsewhere; canopy finished with enriched cornice and pierced parapet with quatrefoils and cusped cresting.
On 29 Aug 1582 Thomas St Paul -1582 died. He was buried at St Lawrence's Church, Snarford. Monument to Thomas St Paul -1582 and Faith Grantham. Fine freestanding tomb chest with canopy. The sides of the tomb chest have Acanthus Pilasters, the panels between contain wreathed shields. The full length recumbent albaster effigies show the man in full plate armour holding sword and prayerbook, head on helm, feet on a cushion with flowers. His wife is in a long dress with cloak and close fitting hat, holding a bible. The inscription runs round the top edge of the chest. The canopy is supported on six Pillars, those at the angles being circular and bulbous, the others in the form of Obelisks decorated with fishscale Paterae, with elaborate Ionic Capitals with roses in the necking. The Entablature has an egg and dart frieze. Above the heads of the columns are five female and one male weepers. At the centre of the canopy is a raised altar bearing shields and surmounted by the kneeling figure of the heir clad in armour. In front kneels a larger figure of a girl. The. Monument is all painted and gilded.
On 12 Aug 1778 Peregrine Bertie 3rd Duke Ancaster and Kesteven 1714-1778 (64) died. His son Robert Bertie 4th Duke Ancaster and Kesteven 1756-1779 (21) succeeded 4th Duke Ancaster and Kesteven, 4th Marquess Lindsay, 7th Earl Lindsey, 20th Baron Willoughby Eresby.
On 08 Jul 1779 Robert Bertie 4th Duke Ancaster and Kesteven 1756-1779 (22) died at Grimsthorpe, South Kesteven. His uncle Brownlow Bertie 5th Duke Ancaster and Kesteven 1729-1809 (49) succeeded 5th Duke Ancaster and Kesteven, 5th Marquess Lindsay, 8th Earl Lindsey. His sister Priscilla Barbara Elizabeth Bertie 21st Baroness Willoughby Eresby 1761-1828 (17) succeeded 21st Baron Willoughby Eresby.
On 22 Jul 1779 Robert Bertie 4th Duke Ancaster and Kesteven 1756-1779 (22) was buried at Edenham, South Kesteven.
Monument to Peregrine Bertie 3rd Duke Ancaster and Kesteven 1714-1778 (64) and Robert Bertie 4th Duke Ancaster and Kesteven 1756-1779 (21) in Church of St Michael and All Angels, Edenham, South Kesteven. On the south side by Charles Harris Sculptor 1749-1795 (28). Pointed back panel of black marble before which is a carving of the deceased seated in ducal robes, holding a cameo of the Duchess, beside him stands the fourth Duke in Roman dress. The figures are flanked by urns. The base is carved with flutes and Paterae and to the centre are bronze plates bearing the memorial inscription.
Lady Chapel, Hereford Cathedral. Monument to Joanna Plunket de Kilpec Countess Hereford, wife of Henry de Bohun, , altar-tomb with effigy in wallrecess, plain altar-tomb with moulded top-edge enriched with Paterae and heads alternately, at head recumbent canopy with ogee cinque-foiled arch, crockets and finial; effigy of woman in wimple and veiled head-dress, tight sleeves and loose gown, head on cushion and feet on dog; all set in a 13th-century recess with moulded and segmental-pointed arch and label with head-stops and apex turned up to mitre with string-course of chapel; remains of black and red colour on effigy and arch, traces of painted figure and arch on back of recess and remains of decoration in spandrels of arch, including a diaper of fleur-de-lis and rosettes and two shields-of-arms (a) Plunkenet and (b) formerly Bohun but now obliterated. . .