History of Church of St James Gawsworth

Church of St James Gawsworth is in Gawsworth.

On or before 24 Jun 1578 Mary Fitton 1578-1647 was born to Edward Fitton 1548-1606 (30) and Alice Holcroft 1540-1627 (38). She was baptised on 24 Jun 1578 at Church of St James Gawsworth.

In 04 Mar 1606 Edward Fitton 1548-1606 (58) died. He was buried at the Church of St James Gawsworth. His effigy missing from his monument.
On or before 04 Jan 1627 Alice Holcroft 1540-1627 (87) died. She was buried at the Church of St James Gawsworth on 04 Jan 1627.
Jacobean Hooded Monument.

In 1608 Francis Fitton -1608 died. He was buried at the Church of St James Gawsworth. Cadaver Underneath.

On 10 May 1619 Edward Fitton 1st Baronet 1572-1619 (46) died. He was buried at the Church of St James Gawsworth. His son Edward Fitton 2nd Baronet 1603-1643 (16) succeeded 2nd Baronet Fitton of Gawsworth Hall.
Originally a canopied monument what remains of the canopy is fixed to the wall.

Siege of Bristol

In 1643 Edward Fitton 2nd Baronet 1603-1643 (40)died of consumption at the Siege of Bristol without surviving issue. He was buried at the Church of St James Gawsworth. Baronet Fitton of Gawsworth Hall extinct.
Originally a canopied monument what remains of the canopy is fixed to the wall. His daughter Margaret Fitton 1631-1638 who predeceased him kneeling.

Monuments to the Richards, Thornycroft and Hammond families at the Church of St James Gawsworth.

Interior of Church of St James Gawsworth.

Exterior of Church of St James Gawsworth.